Our dev team has been hard at it and have focused their efforts on polishing and improving the Newshosting Usenet Browser to bring you the best Usenet experience on the web. Today the team is excited to be releasing the new version 1.5.0, now available for immediate download from your Newshosting user control panel. This latest version now supports dynamic PAR downloading, a long awaited feature. With dynamic PAR downloading, Newshosting’s browser will now download only PARs you need when you need them – no more wasted bandwidth or longer wait times for your downloads to complete while the PARs are downloaded. We have also enabled the use of multiple processor cores in multicore systems to allow for faster Usenet article decoding. Below is a full list of Newshosting 1.5.0’s New features, improvements and bug fixes:
- We now have a Dynamic PAR2 download. Only as many PAR2 files as required are downloaded. To facilitate this, PAR2 checking is performed in the background while downloading.
- Improved speed for article decoding on multi core systems.
- Users will now receive a message when the connection retries fail, including the number of seconds until next connection attempt.
- The bundled UnRAR library was upgraded to version 5.
- Multi monitor systems now have improved support for more detailed status.
- Improvement: Improved handling of NNTP connection failures.
- An issue where running the Linux 32bit executable on a 64bit linux system caused wrong disk space calculations in some cases.
- Sorting by file name now works in the NZB dialog.
- Closing the settings dialog will no longer present a warning about unsaved changes although nothing was changed.
- If missing RAR files were missing from a download, it could cause the client to crash during extraction in some cases.
- Sometimes a wrong remaining byte count was displayed in the connection graph in the lower left corner.
- The client wouldn’t start on some Linux distributions with a KDE desktop environment and a few affected themes.
- The global search input in the upper right corner was translucent on some linux systems.
How Do I Get Started with Newshosting
To get started using the Usenet today, get an account here then install our free Newshosting Usenet Browser and begin exploring the Usenet right away! If you need help deciding which Newshosting account is right for your needs, head on over to our Newshosting Plan Customizer and we’ll help you pick the plan that fits you.
Question and or Comments:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns contact us anytime 24X7 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – We look forward to hearing from you 🙂