- What is usenet?
- What newsgroups do you carry?
- How many concurrent connections am I allowed?
- How does Newshosting access usage? Are headers counted?
- Are uploads (posts) counted?
- Where can I find usenet faqs?
- What can I do if port 119 (NNTP) is blocked on my network?
- What are .rar or .r01, .r02 ... files?
- Why doesn't the size of the files I downloaded match my usage stats?
- What should my mail server setting be?
- How do I cancel an account?
- How do I contact Newshosting?
- Why can't I download any more?
- How can I get more credits before my Automated renewal date?
- Can I renew two times in a row for extra credits?
- If I manually renew two days before an automated renewal date do I have to use the data in two days?
- I would like to close my account. Can I have money back for the time/credits I didn't use?
- How much notice should i give to cancel my account?
- Do unused download credits roll over when I renew?
- Can I log in from multiple computers at the same time?
- I just signed up and cannot post to usenet. why?
2. What newsgroups do you carry?
A complete list can be found at http://Newshosting.com/grouplist/grouplist.txt.
|XL:||60 concurrent connections|
|Unlimited:||30 concurrent connections|
4. How does Newshosting access usage? Are headers counted?
All bytes are counted as they leave our servers. Text articles and binary attachments are included in the download total. Headers are counted and displayed in your usage statistics, however, they are not included in the total bytes downloaded, and are not charged against your download limit.
6. Where can I find usenet faqs?
8. What are .rar or .r01, .r02 ... files?
RAR files are compressed archives (just like zip files) that contain any number and type of files. To get access to these files, make sure that you download all the parts (.r01, .r02, .r03, ...) and then run WinRAR to extract the files.
Get WinRAR from: http://www.rarsoft.com/
9. Why doesn't the size of the files I downloaded match my usage stats?
Please remember that binary attachements are uuencoded by the posting software, which converts the binary data to text for transfer over the internet. This can add as much as 40% to the size of the file. Your news reader uudecodes the attachment after it is downloaded, before it is saved to your harddrive.
11. How do I cancel an account?
All accounts must be canceled using the Account Control Panel.
13. Why can't I download any more?
Do you have credits? Check your account information using the Account Control Panel.
14.How can I get more credits before my Automated renewal date?
Manually renew your account using the Account Control Panel.
15. Can I renew two times in a row for extra credits?
No, Your account can never have more than your reoccurring rate allotment (Ex: a $10 Monthly account can not have more than 10GB allotted at any time)
16. If I manually renew two days before an automated renewal date do I have to use the data in two days?
NO, Automated renewal dates are reset after every Manual or Automated renewal based on your reoccurring rate.
18. How much notice should i give to cancel my account?
All Newshosting transactions are based on Eastern Standard Time (EST). As long as you cancel your account by 11:59 PM EST prior to your renewal date via the Account Control Panel, that's all the notice we need.
21. I just signed up and cannot post to usenet. why?
By default, all new accounts have posting access disabled. You can enable posting using the Account Control Panel.